Rolihlahla Mandela better known as Nelson Mandela, was a Nobel Peace Prize Winner in the year 1993.
He was the first Black President of South Africa from 1994 to 1999. Nelson Mandela was also known as the greatest social activist, philanthropist and politician.
- “I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.”
- “A good head and good heart are always a formidable combination. But when you add to that a literate tongue or pen, then you have something very special.”
- “Resentment is like drinking poison and then hoping it will kill your enemies.”
- “For to be free is not merely to cast off one’s chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others.”
- “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.”
- “ As we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.”
- “May your choices reflect your hopes, not your fears.”
- “There is no passion to be found playing small – in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.”
- “Lead from the back — and let others believe they are in front.”
- “As I have said, the first thing is to be honest with yourself. You can never have an impact on society if you have not changed yourself… Great peacemakers are all people of integrity, of honesty, but humility.”
Related Post: Motivational Quotes