Thomas Alva Edison was an American inventor, and businessman. He was America’s one of the greatest inventors. He developed sound recording machine, electric power generation machine, motion pictures, and mass communication. These inventions had impact on the modern industrialized world. Edison started his career as a telegraph operator. Then, in 1876, he established first laboratory in Menlo Park, New Jersey. Furthermore, he collaborated with Henry Ford. Consequently, his life achievements has been quite an inspiration for many people around the world. Quotations by Thomas Edison will help us understand him better. We will learn from some famous Thomas Edison quotes.
Here are some Thomas Edison quotes –
- “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.”
- “Genius is one percent inspiration, ninety-nine percent perspiration.”
- “The three great essentials to achieve anything worthwhile are, first, hard work; second, stick-to-itiveness; third, common sense.”
- “If we all did the things we are really capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves.”
- “Non-violence leads to the highest ethics, which is the goal of all evolution. Until we stop harming all other living beings, we are still savages.”
- “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.”
- “To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk.”
- “Just because something doesn’t do what you planned it to do doesn’t mean it’s useless.”
- “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.”
- “I never did a day’s work in my life, it was all fun.”
Hope the famous Thomas Edison quotes motivated you. Check some inspirational quotes from Reid Hoffman.