Spanish rice, which is also known as Mexican Rice has originated from Mexico and the Venezuela region. The Restaurant-Style Mexican Rice has a perfect blend of consistency and seasoning. Kids these days prefer to eat in restaurants rather than bland home food. Mothers, especially those who are working really feel at a loss when the kids start tantrums about having new food every alternate day. Even giving them different names for the same food sometimes works like magic. So, you must be wondering how to make Spanish rice just like restaurants? Well, don’t worry, follow this best Spanish rice recipe!
How to make Spanish rice?
Restaurant-style Spanish rice recipe:
This easy Spanish rice recipe will make your kid love the dish and therefore, never again you will require to shell out huge bills to order from restaurants. Moreover, it is a perfect recipe for Spanish rice that can be made on occasions such as Halloween and Christmas eve along with other Mexican dishes like nachos, tacos, bruchesseta, and many more.
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (as per taste)
- 1 cup long-grain rice (uncooked)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder or seeds
- 1/2 cup tomato ketchup (can vary according to taste)
- 14 ounces vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro (finely chopped)
Related article: Healthy meal prep ideas for weight loss – Know how to go about it
It will take 5 minutes to prepare the Spanish rice dish and 20 minutes to cook the same. The ingredients mentioned above can be served to 6 people.
To make easy Spanish rice,
- First, you need to heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Then, add the rice and mix gently until rice becomes light brown in color.
- Add the garlic, salt, and cumin and stir the rice till it looks golden.
- Further, Add the tomato sauce and vegetable broth and turn the heat up to medium-high. When the mix boils, turn the heat to low flame and cover the pan with a lid. Simmer for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the stove and check if it is cooked with a fork, then stir in chopped cilantro.
Is it Nutritious Enough?
- Calories: 183kcal
- Carbohydrates: 26g
- Protein: 3g
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Sodium: 545mg
- Potassium: 156mg
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 1g
- Vitamin A: 102IU
- Vitamin C: 6mg
- Calcium: 15mg
- Iron: 1mg
As now you already know how to make Spanish rice, you cant try it out at home any day. When made properly, not just the kids but even the adults won’t be able to resist it. So, why not try out this authentic Spanish rice recipe this Halloween or Christmas and see how your kids’ smile spread a lot?