An easy approach to enhance web development skills is to learn how to create a website in WordPress. If you feel clueless about the beginning step and how to proceed, here is a step by step guideline to help you.
Create a Website in WordPress:
- Choosing a platform: There are a plethora of options to choose from- WordPress, Drupal, Squarespace, Joomla, and Wix for instance which easy to use.
- Domain Naming: Choose a catchy name that would go well with your website to work wonders for its core purpose.
- Account Hosting and Choosing a Plan: A web host is a service that would take into account the website files and help you stay connected to the public internet service.
- Customize: Customize the website well according to the purpose to optimize and make it easier to be navigated.
- Add Content: Be it a blog, a business website, or any other purpose, keeping the content to the point and updated is an effective way to keep the audience hooked.
- Install Plug-Ins: Platforms like WordPress offer a range of plug-ins to choose from.
There is a difference between building a website on WordPress.org and WordPress.com, as the latter lets you create a website free. It is advised to not confuse between the two.
Why choose WordPress.com?
- Free of Cost: While you’d still require to purchase a domain name and web hosting, WordPress.com does not come with any additional charges.
- Diverse: Creating a website in WordPress comes with its own advantages. The platform could handle anything starting from personal blogs to a full-fledged e-commerce store.
- Easy Interface: WordPress is extremely user-friendly even for a beginner in the web development world. It is also not required to have prior knowledge of coding.
With almost all the major steps and reasons covered, what’s stopping you further from getting started? Be patient and get going.