What is turmeric?
Why is it so good for the body? How should I consume turmeric for the best results? If these are your questions, we are glad to announce that you have landed up at the right place. Turmeric is one of the ancient ingredients which has been included in Ayurveda and, the uses of turmeric herbal are many. Natural Turmeric is a versatile ingredient and is used in the production of a number of things, for example, Turmeric is used as a spice in food preparation, it is used in tea, and raw turmeric is used as a paste to treat open wounds and cuts. Such is the range of applications of this natural ingredient.
How much will you benefit from Turmeric Herbal Powder?
Turmeric is available in many forms and, you have to choose the best kind that will be the most suitable for you. One of the most prevalent forms of natural turmeric use is turmeric powder. It is available very easily in most stores and you can use it in a wide range of things. This prominent turmeric herbal product has millions of worshippers from around the world. Curcumin is the active ingredient in turmeric whose qualities make it so beneficial. Now, let us look at some of the benefits of turmeric herbal powder to understand why people are wild about it.
- Anti-Inflammatory properties – The curcumin present in turmeric has wonderful medicinal properties. Raw turmeric acts as the best antidote to inflammation. In fact, this property of the ingredient has provided the turmeric herbal products with all the fame. So if you have been in immense pain due to inflammation of any muscle, joint, or any other part of the body, try using natural turmeric powder and mix some water to make a paste. You will feel the difference in no time.
- Protection against heart diseases – Natural Turmeric is supposed to be very good for the heart. If you are someone who has a history of heart disease or if you are someone at risk of heart attacks or strokes, you should consider adding turmeric powder to your food.
- Prevention of cancer – Many pieces of research around the world have included cancer prevention as one of the benefits of turmeric powder. There is a simple science behind this. Usually, inflammation is often a leading cause for the growth of tumors. Thus, due to its anti-inflammatory properties, natural turmeric is considered to be of help to the prevention of cancer.
- Prevents Diabetes – One of the many benefits of turmeric powder is that helps prevent diabetes. Studies on both humans and animals have proven the direct link between turmeric and the prevention of diabetes. Curcumin has anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant capabilities. These are the two factors that make turmeric herbal powder an element that fights against diabetes.
- Help with Arthritis – If you are someone who has osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis, you will be glad to know that turmeric herbal powder and supplements are recommended by doctors to help ease the pain of these kinds of bone diseases. Turmeric tablets are also available, which can act as supplements and help you ease the pain.
- Prevention of Eye Degeneration – There is a link between Turmeric and better eye health. Glaucoma is one such disease that can leave people above the age of sixty blind. And unfortunately, eyesight cannot be restored in these cases. A 2018 Research found the benefits of turmeric herbal products against the degeneration of eyes. There goes another reason to add turmeric herbal powder to your food.
- Improves Skin Health – One of the benefits of turmeric with which desi families grew up is this one. The link between natural turmeric and skin health goes way back. It is so ancient that Indian marriage ceremonies have a ritual of applying turmeric paste on the bride and groom for glowing skin on their special day. Turmeric herbal powder can be mixed with water, rose water, sandalwood paste, or any ingredient of your choice. You can paste it and can apply it to the skin like a pack. After you wash it away, it will leave your skin with a wonderful glow.
- Helps with Depression and related Mental Health troubles – Did you know, the levels of BDNF in the body is linked to mental health troubles such as depression, anxiety, and mood disorders. Here is where turmeric herbal powder comes into play. Turmeric has the quality of increasing BDNF in the body. There goes another reason to add natural turmeric to your diet.
Simple Ways to Implement Turmeric
Turmeric powder is one of those ingredients that are present in every household across the world. So, how can you use this spice and include it in your diet? Here are some simple ways in which you can do it.
- Cook with it – Turmeric powder adds a distinct flavor and color to the recipe you add it to. We all know that it is one of the key spices in our favorite Butter Chicken, we should not shy away from using it in our own recipes. Trust us it fits right in.
- Use it in tea – Turmeric’s anti-oxidant capabilities make it an amazing ingredient in tea. You can add a teaspoon of natural turmeric powder and make it one hundred times healthier.
- Turmeric paste – You can make a paste out of both raw turmeric and turmeric herbal powder. Turmeric paste is very useful and for a lot of things. You can apply the paste if you cut or scratch yourself. You can also apply it on wounds and burns because of its antiseptic qualities. Apart from that you can also apply the paste on your face and take some time off with self-pampering.
Till now, we have only talked about turmeric powder and if you aren’t a big fan of the ingredient but still want the benefits of turmeric and curcumin, don’t worry we have good news for you. Turmeric tablets are available widely in the market. You can opt for turmeric herbal supplements and include them with your daily dosage of Vitamins.
Turmeric tablets are available widely. You can find them in your neighborhood drug store or the departmental store in your area. If not that, several agencies and companies sell turmeric herbal supplements. Once you get hold of the turmeric tablets, make sure you understand how much of it is required by your body. Although there is no possibility of going OD on turmeric tablets, you should not consume more than is necessary. You can take these supplements in the morning when you take other supplements. You can also take the turmeric tablet with your food or after food.
We can understand the difference in our body just after a couple of weeks of use. It will detoxify your liver, aid digestion, normalize your cholesterol levels. Apart from that, prolonged use of turmeric herbal products will help build your immunity and increase your strength to fight allergies. Now that you are aware of this precious ingredient go ahead and indulge in the hundreds of turmeric herbal products that are available in the market.