We all pretty much know about the miracle spice known as Turmeric. It is used in Asian dishes to give them a vibrant golden color but that isn’t all to it. There are many benefits of turmeric as well. There has been a long history of the use of turmeric for medicinal purposes which dates back to almost 4,000 years! Turmeric Root turned into a paste or turmeric powder used in Asian cooking, specifically in Indian and Chinese Dishes and its herbal properties give great benefits to your health.
What is Turmeric?
Turmeric is a root that apparently is from the ginger family. Its stems are dried out and then turned into turmeric powder which is yellow in color which gives your food a rich color as well. The benefits of turmeric are abundant as they have a huge number of anti-inflammatory properties which can give a rest to chronic pain and any other inflammatory diseases.
If you have a solid workout regime then turmeric can also help you with easing up those sore muscles and helps boost your recovery while turning you more active. And to add up to the turmeric health benefits list it also has been proven to be an antioxidant and can be used as a medicine for various skin conditions and digestive issues.
Where Do The Health Benefits Come From?
Many of the amazing benefits of turmeric come from Curcumin. The turmeric curcumin comes from a family of compounds which are known as curcuminoids. This is what gives the yellow color to the turmeric and is used as an herbal supplement, cosmetic ingredient, flavoring, and coloring. There are many turmeric uses, which are medicinal in nature which are:
- It is an innate anti-inflammatory compound: It helps your body fight diseases and also repairs almost any kind of cell damage. It has been proven by scientists that chronic, subordinate inflammation plays a huge role in most chronic, and Western diseases. This includes Alzheimer’s, cancer, metabolic syndrome, and various deteriorating conditions. Therefore, turmeric uses the inflammatory properties of curcumin is so powerful that it almost matches the efficacy of over-the-counter drugs, minus the side effects.
- The turmeric curcumin also impacts brain development: The neurons in our brain can divide and multiply and form new connections. Turmeric uses curcumin that protects your brain cells and helps you recover and shield from diseases like depression and Alzheimers.
- It lowers your risk of heart disease: The no.1 cause of death in the world, heart disease is pretty common these days even when it comes to young adults. The benefits of turmeric curcumin are that it improves the lining of the blood vessels and works as an antioxidant and anti-inflammation herb which we have discussed prior in the points which play a vital role in curing heart disease.
- Improves Your Cholesterol Levels: One of the greatest turmeric uses is for decreasing the level of a type of bad cholesterol. A little bit as much as 500 mg improves the lipid profile of a person which includes our good cholesterol levels.
- It is a good supplement for Arthritis Patients: Studies show that turmeric supplements lessens the impacts of inflammation and thus helps people with Rheumatoid arthritis and Osteoarthritis by relieving their pain, better than any drug and thus leaves no side effects.
- Your Liver Stays Young: It has been shown in research that the benefits of turmeric can prevent the development of the nonalcoholic fatty liver disease.
- Works as an aid for Cystic Fibrosis: The turmeric uses curcumin, a component found in the turmeric root for cystic fibrosis that shows anti-tumor, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant results, therefore lessening the impact of chronic respiratory infections and rawness.
- Influences Cancer Treatment: Research shows that turmeric curcumin can impact the natural treatment of a variety of cancers like stomach, colon, lung, and other types of cancers.
The Benefits of Turmeric Supplement
You can easily find turmeric herbal treatments and the first thoughts of using it come to your mind as turmeric powder in your food or creating the miracle golden paste which helps in treating blood clots have antibacterial benefits and treat epilepsy in dogs and many others.
But if you’d want to use the therapeutic benefits of turmeric then you have to find a supplement. The advantages of turmeric are many, but when you use it as a supplement it has actual anti-inflammatory and antioxidant benefits.
It is pretty difficult to find the proper supplement of the turmeric root because scientists argue about the curcumin in turmeric going right through you, therefore scientists are looking for ways to enhance its digestibility. They have tried to add fat-soluble ingredients because curcumin gets absorbed optimally through a meal containing a healthy amount of fat.
Depending on your condition, you’ll want to take two to four or more turmeric supplement capsules every day in divided doses with meals. To hone the integration of curcumin, always take quality supplements with a meal that contains fat which brings out the benefits of turmeric pills.
But you also need a proper dietary approach to fully attain the benefits of turmeric and here’s how you can achieve it:
- Begin with your meals: When it comes to a diet, your meal needs to be full of antioxidants and should have anti-inflammatory ingredients that come from foods like fish, leafy vegetables, nuts, berries, and seeds. The benefits of turmeric come out when you sprinkle turmeric powder into your food.
- Add it along with the correct nutrients: A good mineral for people, along with fish oil should be your base of nutrients. And you should also consider a probiotic supplement. After that, you can add nutrients like curcumin that support your anti-inflammatory and antioxidant tracks.
- Include it in the right lifestyle elements: To stay healthy and fit you need these three components; solid uninterrupted sleep, stress management, and steady exercise. And to enhance the impact of these components you can include curcumin in your diet to improve any conditions like oxidative stress.
- Talk to your chiropractor: What you should do in order to check the full turmeric health benefits list, is to ask your doctor/chiropractor to add it to your diet plan. That way you can get a proper inclusion of turmeric supplements therefore proving as a valuable asset to a healthy lifestyle plan.
Therefore, the conclusion of this article could include more facts about the benefits of turmeric but since we’ve already provided you with a list of possibilities, it is now your turn to figure out by delving into the turmeric root itself. It can be used in various ways like a turmeric paste, turmeric powder, and turmeric supplements and each user will have a positive effect on humans and animals (win-win for the pets in the house). The advantages of turmeric are a long list as well but we have mentioned its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties as the results about it are extremely well researched. The benefits of turmeric have also been proven pretty well to improve many types of autoimmune, chronic, and fatal diseases. It truly is a miracle root and should be used liberally in this world of modern medicine as it doesn’t include any side effects and therefore is useful for your body and gives it the correct access to nutrition.
The true advantage of the turmeric herbal treatment includes the possible treatment of cancer and thus giving humans a true purpose of living a healthy lifestyle.