Google IoT Cloud’s platform is Google Cloud IoT Core which is one of the notable IoT platforms from the other IoT platforms, which securely connects and manages the IoT devices sitting at the IoT edge. Connected devices send data to Google IoT building rich applications, which can be further integrated into the IoT Cloud.
Benefits of Google IoT:
Google IoT cloud provides real-time data insights at the IoT Edge or the IoT cloud. It also does ‘ad hoc’ analysis with the help of BigQuery, and similarly does advanced analytics, ML by AI Platform, and Google Data studio result visualization.
Also, it provides improved operational efficiency by supporting numerous OS working impeccably with Debian Linux OS offering out-of-box provision for the leading brands. Additionally, location can be added to our data and their location activity can be visualized with the help of Google Maps Platform.
Importance of Google Cloud Internet of things platform on Businesses
IoT helps businesses gain new revenue and intelligence. Some of its uses are:
- Google IoT provides a wide range of building blocks from ingestion to intelligence.
- Additionally, Google’s Internet of Things platform automatically predicts maintenance of needs for various equipment, optimizing real-life performance, anomaly detection, and device tracking status.
- Tracking of real-time valuable assets, performing complex analytics, and ML on the collected data to deliver business insights.
- Also, fleet management, cargo integrity monitoring, inventory tracking, and many other business-critical functions can be performed with Google IoT Cloud’s logistics solutions.
- Building smart cities and homes with automation and intelligence.
Features of Cloud IoT Core
- The Cloud IoT Core uses industry-standard MQTT and HTTP protocols. The protocol bridge basically provides connection endpoints with automatic load balancing.
- Using gateway resource-constrained devices can get operational capabilities. Also, a gateway can work on behalf of the device.
- Asymmetric key authentication enables end-to-end security over TLS 1.2. Furthermore, to verify device ownership CA certificates are used.
Hence, Google IOT provides some features helping in IoT growth on one hand and businesses on the other. Additionally, try out the free tier to build some apps and deploy them on the IoT cloud. Home Mini is one notable Google IoT device.